Tuesday, November 27, 2007

The Beginning of the End...

In my final post I would like to express what all I have gained and learned from this experience of developing my first personal blog. I was at first unsure of how exactly a blog could help you come up with a better argument, but as time progressed I realized just how much you learn from being able to say exactly what you want to say without the fear of being crucially criticized by everyone else. Also, the feedback and comments that I received on this blog was an eye opening experience and I would like to thank everyone who participated! From reading the comments alone I was able to better realize where I stood on the debate as well as gaining a better understanding of why certain people may have different feelings toward the subject of interracial relationships. Many times the human race tends to judge people by what side they root for without even trying to figure out their justification for their particular thoughts or feelings. I have also found out that being ignorant about the opposite side you are pulling for destroys any chance of you ever being able to win any kind of argument. Since we all have different opinions on bi-racial relationships and marriages, without causing an argument, I would like to pose a few last questions: What is so different about being close friends with a different race and being in a "relationship?" Why is it accepted to be friends with other races but unaccepted to be intimate with this individual? These are just a few questions to leave with...thanks again to everyone who has visited my blog, hopefully you have gained something from it!

No comments: